This interactive, self-study course fulfills the requirement for CFP Board approved Ethics CE. It has been designed to educate CFP professionals on CFP Board's new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct effective October 1, 2019.
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
To complete the course:
- Credit Checklist: Ethics Exam - You must complete the 20 mulitple choice questions. 70% is passing and after 3 unsuccessful attempt you will be required to retake the program.
- Once you pass the exam, click the "continue" button and then complete the required credit submission survey. Be sure to continue through the remaining screens to finish the credit submission process.
- A certificate of completion will be available in your Education Credit Profile in the "Submitted Credit" section (scroll down).
- CE credit will be reported to the CFP Board within 5-7 business days.
April 01, 2019
- Apply the Practice Standards when providing financial planning.
- Identify the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes and how the changes affect CFP professionals.
- Recognize situations when specific information must be provided to a client.
- Act in accordance with CFP Board's fiduciary duty.
- Recognize and avoid, or fully disclose and manage, Material Conflicts of Interest.